Ephesians 5:25 New International Version (NIV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Go all out in your love for your wife. When Paul wrote these words, I am thinking if this is even possible. I don’t know about you, but showing love for my wife all the time is truly a tall task. We are geared differently, and we have our differences.
Loving someone who is different has its challenges. This is a true statement. There are 5 senses that both men and women are born with. These senses can be used as a way to connect with our wives and show your wife that you truly love her and want her to know we are ‘all in’ in the marriage.
Let’s look at our 5 senses and see how God can use these to make our marriages stronger.
- Hearing – You can say to your wife you are hearing, but are you listening? Our wives have an uncanny instinct to know whether or not we are truly listening.
- Sight – Men are geared with sight like a dog on point. We notice physical beauty. Our wives want to know if we notice her or not. What she really wants is for us to see her as the most important relationship outside of God himself.
- Taste – As men, we like our tastes or what interests us. But do you know your wife’s tastes? What are her interests? Take notice of that.
- Smell – I swear my wife smells everything. Nothing gets past her. Do you take notice of how she smells? Are you delighted in that? Also, how about you? Do you still splash on the cologne?
- Touch – My wife loves it when I hold her hand. She likes it when I carefully touch the small of her back. Touch your wife without it leading to sex. Your wife needs your touch to reassure her that she is important and loved as your wife and an important person and partner in your life. Your wife knows the difference.
In loving her with what you both have in common is truly a way of leading your wife in the love of marriage.
Strength and Courage