Proverbs 3:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
when it is in your power to act.
Most men have the same attitude toward sex with their spouse. It is a high energy force and sight usually drives us. This week is Valentine’s Day week, and often as men, we look at as sex night. It is good and God’s design for sex is an awesome moment.
To be truthful, men enjoy sex, but how dos our wife feel about sex? Let’s look at ways a man can make his wife feel special and emotionally connected with her husband.
- Cherish – Remember when you were in the beginning times before marriage to the night of the honeymoon. You were on your best behavior, and you made your wife feel cherished. She still needs to feel cherished by you by the way you make her feel. Do acts of kindness and demonstrate that she is cherished by you.
- Beautiful – This is very important. A man needs to speak and show his wife just how beautiful she is to him. It is not what you give her materialistically, but it is how you express it by your words and actions. She needs to know from you that she is beautiful.
- Sufficient – How often do you express to your wife that she is all you need or want? Your wife needs to know that she is sufficient in meeting your needs. Sex is the primary need for men. Sex for your wife is emotional. Express to her she is loved, and most of all as she is the only woman for you.
- Not an object – If we are not careful, we can bring unrealistic expectations into a marriage by thinking sex is owed. This will cause your wife to feel like an object, and not a person. As men, we want our wives to understand how we are wired. It is also important that we understand that we also need to understand our wives. Treat your wife with care and love.
- Do not abuse – No man should ever abuse his wife physically, emotionally, or sexually. She is not a servant. Do not make demands. Do not dwell or get caught up in fantasies. They are unrealistic and unhealthy. Physical touch should never be forceful or perverted. Our wives have been given to us by God to be loved and cherished. Make her happy in feeling like she is the woman of our heart.
Valentine’s Day is more than sex night. It is a night to express just how much your wife means to you and how much you mean to your wife.
Strength and Courage