Every summer christians all over the world get stuck in a slump. During the school year there is clear routine and schedules. During the summer, all of the routine and schedule gets thrown out. So how do you keep your relationship with Jesus healthy?
I wish every person would read through the Bible every year, go to church every week, serve using their gifts and talents every week, spend time as a family talking about what God is doing in each person, serve people everyday, tithe to a local church, and be generous as a lifestyle not just to get the tax break (however I am very grateful for that break). I know most of you would aspire to do many of those things but won’t. So if I could encourage you to do one thing this summer it is this…..
Pray for at least 5 min a day
Pray like this…
- Say out loud that God is God. He is holy, righteous, good, kind, perfect, worthy of honor, worthy of praise, or anything else that speaks to His great value.
- Say out loud 10 things you are grateful for. There is nothing that sets our heart right like gratitude. If there is someone close to you that you are struggling with, speak 3 things that you are grateful for about them
- Confess the places you struggle with and ask God for strength and courage to life apart from sin. It is for freedom He sets you free, and by grace that you overcome sin.
- Ask God to give you 3 people to encourage today. They might need prayer, affirmation, or just someone to ask how they are doing and really listen for an answer.
- Ask God to speak to you. Now listen with your eyes and ears. You might see something or hear something that will fill your soul
You will be surprised how fast 5 minutes will turn in to more.
Psalm 27:7 Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
Be merciful and answer me!
8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
14 Wait patiently for the Lord.
Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
So today… Pray. God loves you and is for you. His is not looking to catch you in sin but to forgive and save you from it. Approach Him as a loving Father. If you have never known a loving father, let Him show you and heal you. He wants you to hear His voice more than you will ever want to hear his voice. Go pray
Recklessly, obsessively following Jesus