Philippians 2:5-8New International Version (NIV)
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
To live a life of ‘No Reserve’ means – nothing held back. It is a life lived full-out for Jesus Christ. Many are probably thinking right now, there is not way I can live up to this statement or live up to the Scripture in the beginning. I am not Jesus!
You are absolutely right. None of us are, but the first portion of this Scripture gives us a hint to how we can. Paul said, “Your attitude should be.” I do not know about you, but my attitude is life is only one of the few things that I can really control. So what is my attitude toward a life of ‘No Reserves’ look like?
- A life of No Reserve means we do not hide behind a spiritual mask.
- A life of No Reserve means one does not act one way with a set of friends and different with another.
- A life of No Reserve does not toy around with secret sins when no one else is watching.
- A life of No Reserve is not about pursuing a career that is focused on one’s self and amassing a fortune for one’s on benefit and pleasure.
- A life of No Reserve is about being sold out to God’s calling – a calling that sets you up to make an eternal impact for God.
Men, when you live a life of ‘No Reserve’, you live with a burning passion to follow hard after Christ. When you follow Christ with ‘No Reserve’, you are simply responding to all that He has done for you. This is and attitude we can choose to step into.
Strength and Courage